What is a workspace?
A daily workspace is designated seating in a shared desk area that has ample seating, work surfaces, and access to power.
What memberships does WorkX offer?
WORKX offers four plans to its members. Below are the details of each membership type:
Access to events, benefits, and our digital app, which allows you to connect with other WorkX members across the globe. Includes 2 credits for booking space every month and the ability to buy more as needed.
Included Membership plus access to any available desk in the common area of your favorite WorkX Hot Desk location. Just bring your laptop, pick an open seat, and get to work.
Dedicated Desks (designated desks in a shared office)
Includes Membership plus a desk of your own in a shared space. You’ll set up shop in the same spot each day with a secured filing cabinet.
Includes Membership plus a fully furnished space of your own that can accommodate teams of 1 to 2 individual and grow with your business.
If you would like to make changes to your membership, please submit a request and your Community Management team will assist.
What are the building hours?
WorkX staff are generally onsite at each location between 9 AM – 6 PM local time Monday through Friday. For members with Dedicated Desks or Private Offices, your location is accessible 24/7.
What is WorkX's cancellation policy?
For Membership and Hot Desk Memberships, members can cancel anytime for end of current month. For example, a cancellation on the 17th March means that your membership will stay active until the 31st March.
What is the Member Network?
The WorkX Member Network is a private, professional, social network for our members to access the community as well as the perks and features of their membership. It’s the best place to solve business problems, find clients, and connect with other members. It is available on iPhone, Android and web. Here are some more features the Member Network can do:
- Post status updates about anything from product launches or business questions and get the support from the entire online community.
- Book workspace or conference rooms at WorkX.
- Get updates from your Community Manager about events or building alerts.
- Send and receive private or group messages between members.
Post jobs for full-time, part-time, internship positions or freelance projects.
- Manage your account and view invoices.
- Register your guests so that they are welcomed by our Community team to give them the best, most professional welcome to your office.
- On the mobile apps, you can buy snacks at the WorkX Honesty Market.
- View and RSVP to exclusive WorkX events such as office hours, happy hours, or product demos.
- Access exclusive member benefits like discounts on health care, gym memberships, and more.
- Send us feedback: if you ever have an issue or concern, you can submit a support request via the Member Network.
Do I have to reserve workspace before coming into WorkX?
Yes, you do. To ensure our members have the best possible experience, we ask that you book a workspace at least one hour before you plan on coming into work.
If you have a Hot Desk membership, or have a monthly or yearly agreement on a private office or workspace you do not need to reserve a spot in advance.
How do credits work?
Membership, Hot Desk, Dedicated Desk, and Private Office plans all include a monthly credit allocation that can be used to book conference rooms and workspace. After you have used your allotted credits, you are free to keep booking space at a cost of $20 per credit. Credits do not rollover from month to month.
Can I book workspace/conference rooms on the weekend with my membership?
At this time, Membership only allows access to workspaces and conference rooms from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM.
Can I register guests for my workspace?
At this time, we do not offer the option for Membership or Hot Desk members to have guests in our open area workspaces. If you would like to have a guest work with you for the day, you are welcome to book a conference room.
What is the WorkX visitor policy?
WorkX is an open environment and Members are more than welcome to bring their guests. WorkX uses its own security system to document all visitors entering a WorkX operated location.
Please make sure the guest brings their photo ID to check-in. Note as a Member, you are responsible for all actions conducted by your visitor. To optimize your guest’s experience, WorkX recommends that Members register expected guests before arrival at WorkX.
Please note if you have a Hot Desk or Membership, you are required to have a conference room booked to host guests at our locations. You are able to book conference rooms on the Members’ network.
How Does WorkX keep my workplace safe?
WorkX has both technical and physical security solutions to ensure the protection of our Members, Staff and the confidential information that is handled within our spaces. WorkX deploys video management and access control systems, to ensure only authorized employees and/or Members have proper access privileges.
What is the WorkX event policy for alcohol and security?
If you’re hosting an event at a WorkX space, here are some general guidelines to note:
- If an event contains alcohol, no one under the legal drinking age is permitted to consume alcohol.
- If any Member participates in planning and/or hosting an event, that person is deemed the Event Host and must sign WorkX event agreement. Please submit a request with background information on the event and your Community Manager can provide you with the agreement.
- The Event Host must provide a list of attendees to the Community team at least 3 hours prior to the event.
- Only individuals listed on the attendee list will be permitted into the event.
- Please note: there are often fees and security deposits associated with events, which vary by location.
What does my monthly invoice include?
Monthly invoices include the membership fee for your desk or office(s), any discounts or promotions, service packages you have signed up for, any additional fees (i.e. extra member fees, keycard replacement fees, IT services fees, etc.), and any conference room or print overages you may have incurred. You will also see regional taxes charged (i.e. VAT, State Tax, etc.). Overage charges from last month on this month’s invoice will also be shown in the current month’s invoice.
What is the WorkX Honesty Market?
The Honesty Market is WorkX’s snack and beverage self-serve kiosk and is available to members 24/7 at select locations. Members and guests can pay with a credit card, or through the WorkX app after linking a credit card.
The Honesty Market is based on the honor system.
Are there rules and exceptions for members and guests of members when on WorkX properties?
Yes, member safety and satisfaction are incredibly important to us. Therefore, members are not allowed to use WorkX locations (including offices, coworking space, and amenities) for retail, medical, or non-business purposes — as well as anything else that would involve frequent non-member (public) visits.
Members should always treat one another with respect and are not allowed to misrepresent or make false claims about themselves or their guests to the WorkX community, whether it’s in person or within the Member Network. We also don’t allow members to use WorkX buildings, workspace, or amenities for illegal or offensive activities.
What is the WorkX refridgerator policy?
WorkX refrigerators are cleaned out weekly at 3 p.m. on Fridays in order to keep the fridge fresh, organized, and spacious for the following week. If you want to leave anything in the fridge over the weekend, please make sure to leave a sticky note with your name on it saying that it should be kept.
Please, be aware that any items left in the fridge on Fridays after 3 p.m. – without a note- will be removed, including the container.
What is the WorkX mail and package handling policy?
WorkX offers mail and package handling and storage with most of our membership plans for a small monthly fee.
To receive a letter or package to your WORKX location, please include your first and last name, company name, and office number/floor if applicable. When you receive a message from us notifying you about package deliveries, please come to your location’s Community Bar to pick it up. Don’t forget to bring your photo ID with you.
Letters and packages are typically stored behind or near the front desk or Community bar and can be retrieved upon request. We ask that members pick up all mail and packages at their earliest convenience to avoid mailroom overcrowding and to check the opening times for the mailroom.
WORKX doesn’t currently offer support for outgoing mail and packages.
If members want to ship a package, they should schedule a pick-up via their preferred courier service. If supported by the building, members can leave the properly addressed package at the front desk to give to the courier upon arrival.
What is the WorkX pet policy?
WORKX loves our members’ pets, but some building management companies do not permit animals in their buildings. Submit a support request if you are unsure if your building is pet-friendly or not.
Below are some important notes to keep in mind:
- Members must provide vaccination papers or service dog paperwork when bringing a pet into one of our spaces.
- Pets must be house-broken and only dog are allowed due to human allergic reactions to other species.
- Pets are only permitted in non-dog friendly locations if they are service animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Pets are permitted only in private offices and are not allowed to roam around unsupervised. Pets must be leashed in common areas.
- If a pet is being disruptive, noisy, or destructive in any way, WORKX staff can ask the member to remove the pet from the space.
- Submit your pet documentation to the Community Management team who will keep the paperwork on file.